- Collects information about you;
- What kinds of information we collect about you;
- How we may use your information;
- How we may share your information with others;
- How we protect your information; and
- The choices you have about the collection and use of your information.
What Are Included In GLSC’s “Services”?This Policy applies to your use of all GLSC operated and controlled websites including www.glscrip.com/, www.shopwithscrip.com, and www.myscripwallet.com (collectively the “Sites”), and all online services controlled or provided by GLSC (collectively, together with the Sites, our “Services”).
Who Is Eligible To Use The Services?GLSC’s Services are intended for use by adults, and are not directed to minors under the age of 18. GLSC does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from minors under the age of 18. If we learn that personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 18 has been submitted via or appears on or within Services, GLSC will take all action necessary to comply with our responsibilities under applicable legal requirements, which may include deletion of any such information. If you are a minor, you may have the ability to request removal of certain content or information from the Services. If you wish to request the removal of content or information you have posted on the Services, you may do so by contacting GLSC at Privacy@glscrip.com. Please note that the removal of content or information does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information posted.
GLSC’S COLLECTION AND USE OF OUR INFORMATION
What Information Does GLSC Collect About Me, And How Is It Used?GLSC gathers various types of information about you when you access or use our Services. GLSC may collect information about you in a variety of ways, including:
- Information you provide to us, such as when you register for an account on one of our sites (a “GLSC Account”), fill out a form providing personal and other information across the various Services, sign up for our email newsletters, or purchase a product or service from GLSC;
- Information we collect about you automatically, such as through analytics, cookies, log file, and web beacon information; and
- Information collected from other websites and services, such as information collected via cookies placed on your web browser or mobile device.
We may use the information we collect from and about you in a number of ways, including to:
- Operate, maintain, improve, and provide the Services;
- Provide you with personalized content and information about GLSC; and
- Provide advertising and marketing, including customized and interest-based advertising.
Types Of Information GLSC May Collect About You Include:
- Personally Identifiable Information
In order for us to provide you with certain Services, it may be necessary for GLSC to obtain and share Personally Identifiable Information with others. If you do not want to provide us with any Personally Identifiable Information, you can elect not to use such services or access such pages on the Sites and Services. However, please be aware that if you choose to withhold certain Personally Identifiable Information, GLSC may not always be able to provide you with certain Services.
- GLSC Account Information
- Financial Account And Payment Information
- Correspondence Information
- Newsletters, Correspondence, And Mailing List Information
By subscribing to our mailing lists, you agree to receive newsletters and other correspondence which may include special offers or incentives from select partners. If you no longer wish to receive such correspondence from GLSC or our partners, you may opt-out of receiving these communications according to information provided within the correspondence, or by contacting us using the contact information provided below.
- Promotions, Sweepstakes, Surveys, And Contests Information
- Public Sources & Other Public Information
Please be aware that any content or information you choose to share with or provide to third parties using or related to your use of the Services is nether private, nor confidential. You should not hold any expectation of privacy with respect to information you share with third parties, and should review the applicable policies of any third parties with which you share information. GLSC is not responsible for any content or information you post or share with third parties. If you do not wish for certain information to be public, please do not share it.
- Analytics & Aggregate Information
We may combine certain information collected from or about you and aggregate it with information collected from other users to analyze users’ use of the Services and improve the quality and value of the Services. We may share this aggregated, anonymized data stripped of all personally identifying characteristics with third parties. We may also use such combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance, to deliver a product or service to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
Please note analytics information generated about your use of the Services may be transmitted to and stored by Google and similar services on servers. These services may use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Services, compiling reports on Services activity, and providing other services relating to the activity and usage of the Services. These services may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on the services’ behalf.
- Cookies, Web Beacons And Other Tracking Technologies
“Cookies” are small pieces of data used by websites and software services to identify repeat users, facilitate the user's ongoing logins and access to a software service or website, and facilitate use of the software service or website. Persistent cookies may remain on your device’s hard drive after you close your browser or device and may be used by your device on subsequent use of the Services. Persistent cookies can be removed by following the directions according to your particular device or web browser. Session cookies are temporary and disappear after you close your browser or device. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Site may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
“Web beacons,” “pixel tags,” and “clear GIFs” (collectively, “Web Beacons”) are transparent pixel images embedded on webpages that are used in collecting information about website usage, email response, and tracking. Web Beacons are ordinarily not visible to users. Web Beacons allow us to count the number of users who have visited certain webpages, to deliver branded services, and to generate statistics about how the Services are used.
You have many choices with regards to the management of cookies on your devices. All major browsers now allow you to block or delete cookies from your system. We encourage you to learn more about your ability to manage cookies and web beacons by consulting the privacy features of your devices and browsers.
- Unique Identifiers
- Log File Information
In addition, GLSC reserves the right to use log files, IP addresses, Cookies, Web Beacons, and other tracking technologies to identify a user when GLSC: (1) feels it is necessary to enforce compliance with the GLSC Terms of Service; (2) to protect the Services and software, our customers or others; or (3) when GLSC believes in good faith that the law so requires.
- Do Not Track
- Location Information
- Marketing And Third-Party Advertisements
GLSC may utilize the services of third-party advertising companies, including Google and others, to serve ads to you when you visit our Sites, or to perform remarketing services on other sites across the Internet. These third parties may collect certain information about your use of the Services and may use technology like cookies to store information about your use of the Services to improve the marketing and advertisements provided to you. The information collected may be reported back to us, and we may link this information to information we have collected about you. More information about interest-based advertising and similar practices may be available at www.networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
How Does GLSC Share My Information With Others?GLSC does not share, sell, rent, or otherwise disclose your information to third parties without your consent, except as described in this Agreement. GLSC may share Personally Identifiable Information or other information about you with third parties for the following purposes and circumstances:
- With Your Authorization: We have your authorization, whether by the terms of this Agreement or as provided through other means;
- To Provide the Services: We need to share your information to provide a product or Service you have requested, including sharing the information with companies or organizations connected or affiliated with GLSC, such as subsidiaries, sister-companies, and parent companies;
- If You Violate the Terms: We find that your use of the Services violate the GLSC Terms of Service, or other usage guidelines for specific products or services;
- To Our Business Partners: To third-party business partners or Service Providers (as defined below) for the purpose of providing the Services to you, such as parties who host our servers, analyze our data, provide us with marketing assistance, process Automated Clearinghouse (ACH) payments, and provide customer service;
- For Legal Reasons: Where we are required to do so by law or subpoena, or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (i) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (ii) to enforce our Terms of Service or to protect the security or integrity of the Services; and/or (iii) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of GLSC, our Users, or others;
- Analytics Data & Information: We may share certain service types information, including information obtained through tools such as cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data and clear gifs (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with our third-party business partners or Service Providers for the purposes described herein. We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties
- Publicly Available Information: The information to be disclosed is publicly available;
- Business Changes: The disclosure is related to the sale or other disposition of all or part of our business or assets; the party to whom the disclosure is made controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with GLSC; the disclosure is necessary for business entity or legal structure changes for GLSC; if GLSC is acquired by or merged into or with another entity; or if GLSC enters bankruptcy;
- Consistent With Its Purpose: The disclosure is consistent with the purpose for which the information was obtained.
If GLSC becomes aware that any authorized party is improperly using or disclosing information, we will take commercially reasonable steps to end or correct such improper use or disclosure.
GLSC May Also Disclose Your Information For The Following Purposes & Circumstances:GLSC may share your information with third parties as described in this Agreement, including for the following purposes and circumstances:
- To GLSC Personnel
- To Our Service Providers
- As a Part of Business Transfers
- To Financial Institutions
- Pursuant to Lawful Requests
- For the Protection of GLSC and Others
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
How Does GLSC Secure My Information?GLSC takes reasonable efforts to secure and protect the privacy, accuracy, and reliability of your information and to protect such information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. GLSC implements security measures as we deem appropriate and consistent with industry standards, such as firewalls and encryption technology, to protect Personally Identifiable Information. Your GLSC Account information is password-protected for your privacy and security. In certain areas GLSC uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions. However, since no data security protocol is impenetrable, GLSC cannot guarantee the security of our systems or databases, nor can we guarantee that Personally Identifiable Information we collect about you will not be breached, intercepted, destroyed, accessed, or otherwise disclosed without authorization. As a result, any information you transfer to or from Services is provided at your own risk.
Please do your part to help us keep your information secure. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and GLSC, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to GLSC make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
Are My Communications With GLSC Secure?Communications you may have with us via email or postal mail generally should not be considered secure, unless we advise you that specific security measures are in place prior to your sending information. Therefore, we request that you do not send or post sensitive information through these means. You assume the risk that your communications with GLSC may not be secure.
Should I Secure My GLSC Account And Passwords?Yes. In the event you create a GLSC Account, your account information will be protected by a password you select. We strongly recommend you choose a strong password and take appropriate steps to ensure your password is not disclosed to any other person. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and GLSC Account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or GLSC Account. GLSC specifically reserves the right to terminate your access to Services and any contract you have with GLSC related to Services in the event it learns or suspects you have disclosed your GLSC Account or password information to an unauthorized third party.
What If There is a Data Security Incident?In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security or other data security incident, GLSC will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Do I Have Access To The Information GLSC Has Collected About Me?Yes. GLSC welcomes you to contact us regarding the information we have collected about you via email at Privacy@glscrip.com or using the contact information provided below, including regarding:
- Whether GLSC is keeping information about you;
- The accuracy of the information GLSC is keeping;
- To challenge the data that GLSC is keeping about you;
- How GLSC is using your information or sharing your information with others;
- To update or delete your information; and
- To opt-out of the collection and use of your information.
When you contact us, please be sure to specify the details of your request. We may require proof of your identity before we provide you with the requested information. Requests to delete or remove your information does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information posted and removed information may persist in backup copies for a period of time.
Please note that if you choose to delete your information or opt-out of the collection and use of your information, you understand that certain features or services, including but not limited to access to the Services, may no longer be available to you, and that GLSC specifically reserves the right to terminate your access to the Services and any contract you have with GLSC related to the Services.
Can I Opt-Out of Communications from GLSC?You may unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe” link provided within the communication. You may not, however, opt-out of Services-related communications, for example, account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes or updates to features of the Services, or technical and security notices.
How Long Does GLSC Keep My Information?We may store the information we collect about you indefinitely, or as otherwise required by law. Following termination or deactivation of your GLSC Account, GLSC may retain your information and content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and audit purposes.
ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS REGARDING THE SERVICES & YOUR INFORMATION
Please be aware that third party websites may be able to link certain information about your site visit to information they have may have collected or been provided about you. However, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of any other site, and we are not liable for their use, or misuse, of your information. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of any other websites you may visit to better understand their privacy practices and associated risks, and to contact them with any questions.
Does GLSC Warranty Information It Provides Via The Services?No. Access to the information provided by the Services is provided by GLSC as a service to its customers, website visitors, and users of its Services, without warranty of any kind. References herein to any product, process, or service do not constitute or imply endorsement or recommendation by GLSC. While GLSC an effort to present accurate and reliable information on the Sites, GLSC does not approve or certify such information and does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness, or sequencing of such information. Your use of such information is voluntary, and reliance on it should only be undertaken after an independent review of its applicability, accuracy, completeness, efficacy, and timeliness with regard to your specific needs and uses. GLSC (including its employees and agents) is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to or reliance on the information available through the Services. No approvals, recommendations, endorsements, guarantees, or warranties, including, but not limited to, any express or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for any particular use or purpose of products or services named through the Services are made by GLSC.
Where Is My Information Transferred Or Stored?Please note information GLSC collects about you may be transferred, processed and/or accessed by us in the United States, or another country where we, or our Service Providers, operate. Please be aware Personally Identifiable Information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state or country where the privacy laws may differ from and may not be as protective as those where you live. If you are located outside the United States and choose to allow us to collect information about you, please be aware that GLSC may transfer your Personally Identifiable Information to the United States and process and store it there. By allowing collection of your Personally Identifiable Information, you consent to having your personal data transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States.
How Can I Safely Use GLSC’s Services?Despite GLSC’s safety and privacy controls, we cannot guarantee that the Services are entirely free of illegal, offensive, pornographic, or otherwise inappropriate material, or that you will not encounter inappropriate or illegal conduct from other user when using the Services. You can help GLSC by notifying us of any nudity or pornography, or harassment, or unwelcome contact by emailing us at Privacy@glscrip.com. We need all users’ help to report suspicious people and inappropriate content they encounter on GLSC.
Remember that although using fake names is a violation of the GLSC Terms of Service, people may not always be who they say they are. You should always be careful when contacting people you do not know in the real world. It is always risky to meet anyone in person whom you don’t know through real world friends. The following are important safety tips for using GLSC’s Services:
- Never share your password with anyone;
- Be cautious about posting and sharing personal information, especially information that could be used to identify you or locate you offline;
- Report users and content that violate our Terms of Service; and
- Block and report anyone that sends you unwanted or inappropriate communications.
What Is The Governing Law And Jurisdiction Of This Agreement?
GLSC welcomes you to contact us regarding whether GLSC is keeping information about you, the information GLSC is keeping, how GLSC is using your information or sharing your information with others, to update or delete your information, or to opt-out of the collection and use of your information.
How Can I Contact GLSC?
You may contact GLSC by sending an email to GLSC at Privacy@glscrip.com or by contacting us at:
Great Lakes Scrip Center
PO Box 8158
Grand Rapids, MI 49518-8158
Phone: 800-727-4715 x124